Emergency Action Plan
MISSISSAUGA RUGBY BLUES EAP EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
6th August 2009
Emergency Phones: 9-1-1
Coach Phone: 416 574 0802
U18 & U16 Coach Mike Curran:
Mark Smerdon 905 877 5450
U17 and U15 Girl’s Coach:
Jill Zonneveld cell phone: 416 209 3844
Keith Wilkinson 905 826 0113
Address of Home Facility Address of Nearest Hospital
Name: Streetsville Secondary School Name: Credit Valley Hospital
Street: 72 Joymar Drive Street: 2200 Eglinton Ave West
City: Mississauga, Ontario City; Mississauga, Ontario
Postal: L5M 1G3 Postal Code: L5M 2N1
Roles and Responsibilities:
Boys Training nights and game days
Charge Person #1: Mike Curran 416 574 0802
Charge Person #2: Mark Smerdon 905 877 5450
Call Person #1: Mike Curran 416 574 0802
Call Person #2 Mark Smerdon 905 877 5450
Call Person #3: Keith Wilkinson 905 826 0113
Call person #4: Jill Zonneveld 416 209 3844
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that you are following the EAP – See copy in training shed.
- Clear the risk of further harm to the injured person by securing the area and sheltering the injured person from the elements.
- Assess ABCs (check that airway is clear, breathing is present, a pulse (Circulation) is present, and there is no major bleeding) Begin CPR if trained and if necessary.
- Designate who is in charge of the other participants and ensure they are considered for shock and kept warm and dry. This will free the Call person to deal with the arrival of EMS.
- Designate an adult (Call person), if possible, to call an ambulance, giving place, state of the injured party (e.g unconscious) and the best entrance to the area) and to report back to you.
- Protect yourself (wear surgical gloves -Kept in training shed- if you are in contact with body fluids such as blood)
- Wait by the injured person until EMS arrives and the injured person is transported
- Fill in an accident report form. Have the referee and other witnesses write reports if possible. Have them sign the reports. Give the completed reports to a member of the Club Executive. Do not volunteer information or talk to the press.
- Ensure that you are following the EAP – See copy in training shed. q Call for emergency help - Provide all necessary information to dispatch (e.g. facility location, nature of injury, what, if any, first aid has been done)
- Clear any traffic from the entrance/access road before ambulance arrives
- Wait by the driveway entrance to the facility to direct the ambulance when it arrives
- Access the Medical contact file and call the emergency contact person listed on the injured person’s medical profile (medical forms can be found ??)
- Call Emergency contact number of injured person. Be calm and collected and give them directions to the hospital.
- Advise a member of the Executive of the injury so that insurance claims can be initiated.
- Credit Valley Hospital is the nearest hospital to the Home pitch. Please be advised in-case of an injury in an away game, the player is taken to the hospital under the Ambulance and the Paramedics discretion. The Location of this hospital is not disclosed until last second on-field.